Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Snapware Glasslock Review - Farewell plastic!

In trying to become more "natural" or "green" or "health conscious," whatever you want to call it, I'm trying to use less plastic and more glass.  Now if someone will only come out with a breakage-free glass kiddy snack container! 

My husband just bought these glass storage containers for me at our Costco.  They were a whopping $23 for the entire set!  9 containers with matching snap-on lids!  I'd seen a similar set at Sam's, but the price was the same for about half as many pieces.



They're by Snapware.  And are stamped, "Made in Korea."  If you don't have a Costco in your area or don't have a membership, there are other places the Snapware Glasslock pieces are available.

Try Ebay such as here...
Or Target online here...
Sears online even carries them here...
And see Amazon's listing here...

None of their prices are as good as the one at Costco, but maybe there will be a bargain, coupon, sale or in store option for you!  *smiles*

The lids on the babies seal tightly, so tightly in fact that the inner seal tends to come apart from time to time.


That's the only drawback I see.  But for the Costco price and for what you get - I can deal with this!  Actually, it's good for washing when food goo gets all over.

They are dishwasher, microwave and oven safe.  Great for cooking then storing in the fridge!  I like the fact that I can take them from the fridge, pop off the lid and head to the microwave or oven and warm up my daughter's meals!  I always worry about warming things up in the microwave in plastics, then again, I use the stove top as often as possible.  (I've actually moved the microwave into a hall closet off of the kitchen so access is more difficult!)  The fewer waves of micro that enter my child's food the better!  *winks*  

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I hope MommieJoys is an inspiration and blessing.