**As as added bonus ALL MommieJoys readers can get 10% off their orders by entering "MommieJoys" as the coupon code at check out! Thanks, Jenny!**
While looking for a gift for my cousin's baby shower, I stumbled upon I'm Seriously Joking. Jenny was so accommodating and her turn-around-time was fast. Here's what she made for me...(shoes from another store.)
The onesie was well made and seemed like a quality product! Certainly, I was thrilled with my gift, and it was a great hit at the baby shower!
A couple of my favorite things in Jenny's shop are the mustache pillow cases and the mustache decal for a CAR! Simply so COOL! Would my husband ever let me put that on our car...hmmmm? *winks*
Let's get to know the fun girl behind the creativity over at I'm Seriously Joking...
What inspired you to start your business?
- After I graduated college with an art degree, I knew I didn’t want a regular job. I wanted my “job” to be doing something I love. I decided I wanted to take the first year after graduation to find my nitch & see how well I could do with starting my own business now that I had all the time to devote to it since I had no school getting in the way.
Why did you choose mustaches?
- I love photography & doing photo shoots… One day I decided I wanted to do a crazy/silly photo shoot. I had to come up with props that would make it fun & that’s when the mustache light bulb went off in my head!
Are there any challenges you’ve had to overcome?
- Absolutely! When I first showed my mustaches to my family, a few of them gave me the laughs they were designed for…. but some just thought I was crazy & didn’t get it! I knew I had a great product though but at the same time I knew I was going to have to work extremely hard to prove that I could be successful in this “funny business”.
What are some of your personal favorites – movies, themes, a piece of jewelry, etc.?
- I love comedies, hahaha go figure! I’m kind of an old soul… my favorite comedian is Carol Burnett & I absolutely love the Dick Van Dyke Show (I record it on my DVR every morning). :) Also, my two favorite things are my camera & my converse shoes.
What’s the biggest order you’ve ever done?
- Kind of a funny story… My business was extremely slow the first 2-3 months (maybe 2-3 sales)… I even considered closing my shop, thinking “hmmmm, maybe I was wrong about this whole idea”. But, I decided I’d stick with it & just see what happens. Thank God I didn’t listen to those little voices telling me that it’s not going to work… because a few weeks later I got my largest order to date… 5,200 mustaches on a stick!! For 2 weeks I worked 17 hr. days, 7 days a week. It was me, myself & I creating 5,200 mustaches. It truly was a test both physically & emotionally.
Will you design custom orders?
- Yes, about 40% of my business comes from custom orders. I love working with customers to fit their needs for whatever event they are having.
Do you have a favorite website/blog/store?
- My friend recently introduced me to Pinterest… I am totally addicted to it! My favorite stores are Hobby Lobby & Michaels; I’m in there at least 3-4 times a week.
Additional fun facts...
- I’ve sold all across the U.S. & to 13 different countries.
- I’ve always tried to find the humor in life & love the joy that comes from making someone laugh. I enjoy connecting with my customers & hearing their stories! My hope is that my shop is able to provide a little extra fun to your next event!
a Rafflecopter giveaway